- 1. Boris John: UK ‘will be ready’ for no deal Brexit
The UK prime minister said preparations had been “very far advanced” ahead of the original 29 March deadline. He has insisted no-deal Brexit preparations are on track, despite a leaked report warning of food and medicine shortages in a no deal exit.
2. Iran warns US against seizing oil tanker
Iran has warned the United States against attempting to seize an Iranian oil tanker that set sail from Gibraltar after being impounded for six weeks.
3. Huawei wins 90-day reprieve on US supply ban, which made to prevent disruption at some rural US telecom networks
The US government on Monday gave China’s telecoms giant Huawei Technologies a 90-day extension to extension to the reprieve that lets the company continue to do business with American counterparts. The reprieve was to have expired on Monday (20/08/2019), but is now extended until November 19 this year.
4. Trump ‘not ready for’ China trade deal, dismisses recession fears
U.S President Donald Trump and top White House officials dissmissed concerns that economic growth may be faltering, saying on Sunday they saw little risk of recession despite a volatile week on global bond market, and insisting their trade war with China was doing no damage to the United States.
5. Turkish military convoy hit by airstrike in northern Syria
ISTANBUL- A Turkish military convoy was targeted by an airstrike in Syria on Monday, killing three civilians, Turkey’s Defense Ministry said in a statement.